Cannondale Owners Club - Annual Ride
Posted by Qwerty Cycles on March 30, 2014 (0 Comments)
Only one week to go before the Qwerty Cycles Cannondale Riders ride. The trails at Afanare riding really well at the moment, we even saw a little bit of dust under the trees on our reconnaissance ride on Friday Morning! (Honest)
Cannondale UK will be providing the 2014 Test Bikes for the day, they are being very secretive about what they are bringing. We are assured that they will have a selection of the top end 29” bikes including the Scalpel, Trigger and Flash. Never know the new 27.5” Trigger may show up???
Some need to know information, we will be at Afan Forest park (SA13 3HG) from 9am, then head out on to the trails at 10am. The plan is to do the new “Penhydd” trail (14Km 550m climbs) pop back to the carpark/café for a bite to eat and drink then head out on either the“Y Wal” (23km 650m climbs) or the W2 (44km 975m climbs) if you fancy a bit of a challenge.
There are a number of easier options in the valley, if you just fancied a pootle, the new “Rookie” and the “Blue Scar” might be a better choice.
Please note which ever loop you choose, a member of the Qwerty Team will be following up the rear to make sure you get around ok.
- Test bikes are first come first served on the day.
- No helmet no ride.
- Bring passport or credit card as deposit for bike testing.
- Tea, Coffee, cake and biscuits will be provided by Qwerty, but the very well stocked visitor centre is always close at hand for further food after the ride.
- Parking for the day is £1
- There is camping at the Afan Visitor centre at £4 per person. Showers and Toilets at the main car park
- If you fancy a shower after the ride Qwerty Cycles will supply you with a shower token.
- Qwerty Cycles will have some special offers on the day. (Sorry cash only due to no Wifi!)